Hillary Clinton SCHOOLED OLD GOPers AND THE BACK-BENCHERS ALIKE. They foolishly thought that after a fall, concussion and hospital she would be fair game….but she can’t be stopped! She is simply the best!!!!
By David A. Franklin, Jr.
Can the Republicans who are acting out this political “hackery” and bloodlust against Hillary Clinton not see themselves in the mirror? They are as transparent as the unicellular amoeba whose structure displays their ‘brain’ and their gut with food and fecal matter residing in the same cell and a basic light microscope can reveal their internal structure and organs.
There is a quote from my grandmother’s book of wisdom “It’s not the person who sh*ts on the side of the road who remembers it, but the one who steps in it”. Republicans did the sh*tting and the rest of the country (and the world) stepped in it – the dead and wounded servicemen and women, their families, friends and well-wishers. So it seems that this adage is correct, Republican sh*tters do not remember the incidents of 9/11 and the lies that they perpetrated day after day, year after year fed to Americans and to the world.
And they have the unmitigated gaul, the effrontery to be making a stink about Benghazi which is all about the information given by UN Ambassador Susan Rice who was presenting information given to her by CIA intelligence. In the hearing with Hillary Clinton Wednesday, one of the ‘old’ GOPers wondered if Ms. Rice could not have used her intelligence and think that the information passed to her were incorrect.
1. Did Colin Powell at the United Nations who presented microscopic details of the existence of actual locations of
WMD in Iraq have the intelligence or did he like Ambassador Rice trust those whom it is expected can be trusted?
2. Have Senator John McCain, and those grilling on Benghazi, forget that Colin Powell was used by their party as the
‘voice of reason’ to feed the world with a mixture of lies and falsehoods that Saddam had Weapons of Mass
Destruction which we have long since come to know did not exist before the US-led invasion of Iraq? Four dead or
four thousand does not justify carelessness. Both numbers are serious but we who are intelligent and are truthful and
we who are not playing cheap politics know that the Republicans in the Benghazi hearing is nothing
but amateur theater.
3. Can Republicans recall their own actions or is their lying nature pathological and innate and hence they cannot help
4. Have they forgotten that their lies signed the death warrant of well over a million innocent Iraqi men, women and
5. Do they accept responsibility or do they have the conscience to accept the blame for a war based on falsehoods and
the greed for money that caused the deaths of nearly 4,500 American men and women, untold maiming and
disruption of American lives that too often lead to suicide?
6. Did George W. Bush and his Administration officials use intelligence when they claimed that there existed a highly
secretive relationship between Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda from 1992 to 2003 and that this relationship might
mean a possible launch of terrorist attacks on the United States?
7. Was it that they were not intelligent or did they outright lie about what they put forward as compelling reasons to go
into Iraq which the world has long realized that it was for no other reason than to build the ever profitable Military
Industrial Complex to the benefit of themselves, friends and cohorts?
8. Have these old GOPers in the persons of John McCain, et al and the attention-seeking back-benchers such as
Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) and Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) not have the intelligence and/or the mental capacity to
understand that although up to this point in history there is nothing to debunk consensus of intelligence experts that
the contacts between Iraq and Al-Qaeda did not lead to operational relationship?
A total of 4,486 U.S. soldiers were killed in Iraq between 2003 and 2012 "Operation Iraqi Freedom | Iraq". iCasualties. 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2012-10-10 and all because of the lies perpetrated by the Bush Administration which includes President George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and the GOP members of Congress. They, through their news organs and operatives, not excluding the infamous FOX News pumped out lie, after lie, after lie that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction so America has to invade.
It is clear that the spectacle dubbed ‘the Benghazi hearing’ had less to do with policy and all to do with plain and downright cheap politics. It was so terrible that a Fox News military Analyst and right-wing pundit Lt. Col. Ralph Peters (ret.) could not but praise Hillary Clinton’s delivery of herself and the facts - “I came away with deeper respect for Hillary Clinton’s bureaucratic lawyerly brilliance,” Peters said. “I mean she was just tough and good and the Republicans looked like weenies”:
There were two targets in my opinion of this useless and senseless waste-of-time hearing which brought out nothing new or different from the talking points of the Republicans. Points that have been proven to be false and wrong:
- In the first instance to get Ambassador Rice out of the play for
Secretary of State nomination so that John Kerry could vacate
the seat Republicans think they can regain through Scott
- Second, it was used to try to discredit Hillary Clinton and
weaken any chance she might have to run for the presidency in
2016. But the world sees that they succeed in exposing to the
world that Hillary is ready to be President Clinton! It backfired
and only made them look the weaklings they all are.
Bring it on GOP---YOU PICKED THE WRONG GIRL!
“With All Due Respect”
Indeed, these were the choice words that resonated from Secretary Clinton to Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) when he asked why did she not make “a simple phone call” to the evacuees to find out, what he termed ‘the facts’ whereupon Madam Secretary of State rejoined: “With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans!” ,“What difference does it make?”
The Clinton schooling of the rookie Senator Johnson continued:
JOHNSON: "Madam Secretary, do you disagree that a simple phone call to those evacuees to determine what
happened would have ascertained immediately there was no protest? That was a piece of information that
could have been easily, easily obtained. within hours if not days."
CLINTON: "Senator, you know, when you’re in these positions, the last thing you want to do is interfere with any other
JOHNSON: "I realize that. I realize it’s a good excuse."
CLINTON: "No it’s a fact. [...]"
JOHNSON: "Again, we were mis-lead there was supposedly protests and something spraying out of that, assault
spraying out of that. That was easily ascertained that was not the fact and the American people could
have known that within days and didn’t know that."
And…..Here comes the gem:
CLINTON: "With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans! Was it because of a protest or was it
because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans?! What difference at
this point does it make?! It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it
from ever happening again."
I couldn’t say it any better that the sampling of headlines displayed below:
“In Benghazi hearings, Hillary Storms Capitol Hill” – Dana Milbank Washington Post
“The Benghazi Show: Republicans Wanted To Grill Hillary Clinton On The Death Of Four Americans In Libya. They Blew It.” - David Weigel The New York Times
“Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi Hearing Proves Women Can Handle Combat” - SUSAN MILLIGAN US News
“Hillary Clinton Eats the Republican Party for Lunch at Benghazi Hearing” - Jason Easley PoliticusUSA.
Well done Madam Secretary, well done!
And see you in 2016!!!
"LIKE" Our Facebook Community Page:
Listen To/Call Our 30 Minute Radio Show:
"Kitchen Politics 123 Radio Show with Dave & Lori" -TELEPHONE: (619) 789-1959
11:00pm EST- Every Wednesdays & Thursdays
Join Our Facebook Progressive Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kitchenpolitics123/
And The Opposition Is Bringing Out Their Guns
By David A. Franklin, Jr.
All the predictions, fears, hopes and ‘hope-nots’ that the President would be faint-hearted in dealing with the plague of assault weaponry in schools, theaters, restaurants, shopping malls, homes and on the streets of America and gun killings in the country have been put to rest. Obama came out swinging.
1. Criminal background checks for all gun sales
2. Reinstating the assault weapons ban
3. Restoring a 10-round limit on ammunition magazines
4. Eliminating armor-piercing bullets
5. Providing mental health services in schools
6. Allocating funds to hire more police officers
7. Instituting a federal gun trafficking statute, among other policies.
This is indeed the biggest legislative effort in a (or any) generation.
These recommendations require the approval of the “Say-no-to-everything President Obama puts forward even if it coincides with our thinking Congress” so the President has prescribed some supplements to this diet in the form of 23 executive actions that will be of immediate effect.
1. Increase Access To Background Check Data
Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make
relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Remove Legal Barriers On Background Checks
Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that may prevent states
from making information available to the background check system.
3. Incentivize Sharing Of Background Check Data
Improve incentives for states to share information with the background
4. Review Criteria For Gun Ownership
Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited
from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping
through the cracks.
5. Background Checks For Returning Seized Guns
Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full
background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. More Guidance On Background Checks
Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing
guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Safe & Responsible Gun Ownership
Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Gun Lock & Safes
Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer
Product Safety Commission
9. Improve Gun Tracking In Criminal Investigations
Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to
trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Report On Lost & Stolen Guns
Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns
and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. ATF Director
Nominate a Director for Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.
12. Training For Law Enforcement
Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with
proper training for active shooter situations
13. Maximize Enforcement Efforts On Gun Crime
Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute
14. Increase Research On Gun Violence
Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease
Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Prioritize New Gun Technology
Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and
most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the
private sector to develop innovative technologies
16. Clarify Obamacare On Doctors & Guns
Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking
their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Inform Doctors On Reporting Threats
Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law
prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement
18. School Resource Officers
Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers
19. Develop Emergency Response Plans
Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of
worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Clarify Scope Of Medicaid's Mental Health Coverage
Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental
health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize ACA Regulations
Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity
requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Address Mental Health Parity
Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations
23. Start Dialogue On Mental Health
Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan
on mental health.
UNITED STATES ANNUAL DEATHS BY THE GUN FAR OUT-NUMBER DEATHS IN WAR AND DEATHS CAUSED BY TERRORISTS WORLDWIDE
Statistics are alarming. We are aware in our subconscious that the horrific impact of gun homicides but it is not until we are confronted with a condensed matrix that we can fully appreciate the magnitude. Every single life is important but lawmakers in Washington spend time (and so they should) talking about deaths in the ghastly Benghazi incident, about the total amount of deaths in Afghanistan over the life-time of the war. However, are we to believe that the war on human lives on US soil is too close under our noses for any real attention to be paid to this appalling situation?
In 2010 the total deaths of Americans in Afghanistan war was 499 and while 13,186 people died in terrorist attacks worldwide, in that same year 31,672 people lost their lives in America owing to gun-related deaths!
Since the beginning of 2013 one American lost his life in Afghanistan while as of January 15, 2013, total loss of lives in the days since the Newtown shooting, the American death count is 919.
The answer to the question is that lawmakers and the media are the ones who determine what is important; they are the ones who call the tune and for reasons of personal economics, party economics, and ratings. Self-interest is so rife, so endemic, it stinks to holy hell and at the total disregard for the people who vote for them to take care of the people’s and the country’s interests. The media uses those who continue to watch/view/listen the mostly garbage and toxic programming. The use them as pawns in their games that convert anchors, talk-show hosts, into multimillionaires while the rest of the country suffers in poverty, deprivation of privileges, legal and civil right.
These parties have been so comfortable in their corner that they have long begun to take the American public for granted, so much so that although polls say one thing they dismiss these statistics, assured that polls are wrong or that the ‘docile, contented, ignorant’ people know no better and are unable to think for themselves.
One would think that the last election would be a wake-up call for these thinkers, but no… they are still in their slumber but the people will, and are continuing to speak. There is nothing stronger than the voice of the people.
1. The NRA and the Gun Industry sought to eliminate the unit in the Centers for Disease Control that did research on
gun-related deaths and thus over the decades diminished the ability to access such information by cutting out their
"….. those pro-gun groups have stopped the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms from revealing data to the public….. Government research on gun related deaths has diminished over the years and become more difficult to access, ..has been deliberately engineered by the gun lobby.” Guns Kill more than Terrorism, Samuel Burke, CNN, January 13, 2013
Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Director has said there are no shades of grey in the gun control debate. ‘You are either with us or against.’ . The NRA’s consistent and long standing position for at least two decade has been, ‘We will not compromise on any gun control legislation.’” And there are untold risks inherent for those who dare to disagree with the NRA. Republicans and some Democrats toe the line so as to safeguard their butts irrespective of the consequences to the country.
2. FOX News who we can always trust to be in the nastiest and most evil echelons of any issue related to the Obama Administration on Wednesday, January 16th gave viewers advice on how to obtain assault weapons after the New York ban on assault weapons.
3. States misusing tax-payers’ money in form of subsidies to manufactures of assault rifles - $19 million in tax breaks to kill our kids! States providing subsidies since 2003 are Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Oklahoma.
4. U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) Vows Gun Challenge...
5. State Rep. Joe Carr (R –Tennessee) Proposes Bill Targeting Federal Agents...
6. Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant and House Speaker Philip Gunn say they will block any federal measures limiting the right to bear and possess arms from being enforced in Mississippi
7. Second Congressman Floats Impeachment: Congressman Randel join his colleague Steve Stockman from Texas saying if the President restricts gun rights he will eliminate funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment” against the President.
8. Wyoming Lawmaker: Make Assault Weapons Enforcement A Felony... State Rep. Kendell Kroeker a Republican state lawmaker in Wyoming has introduced legislation to prohibit enforcement of federal gun control measures
9. LONE-STAR LOON: Rep. Tries To Ban Gun Laws... State Rep. Steve Toth (R- The Woodlands) a newly elected Republican state legislator in Texas has proposed legislation making it illegal to enforce a federal gun ban in the state
10. LAWLESS SHERIFFS: We Won't Enforce Gun Laws... From Oregon to Mississippi, President Barack Obama's proposed ban on new assault weapons and large-capacity magazines struck a nerve among rural lawmen and lawmakers, many of whom vowed to ignore any restrictions – and even try to stop federal officials from enforcing gun policy in their jurisdictions.
11. NRA UNHINGED: Ad Targets Obama Children... The NRA’s “Stand and Fight Campaign” A video released by the National Rifle Association on Tuesday sharply criticizes President Obama for his skepticism about placing armed guards in schools, calling the president an "elitist hypocrite" for allowing the Secret Service to protect his daughters.
"Are the president's kids more important than yours?" the ad asks. "Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school?"
The ad continues: "Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but he is just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security."
12. 'Fight Of The Century': NRA Warns Obama Gun Proposal Is 'Fight Of The Century' In Fundraising Push
These individuals, and the NRA continue to be tone deaf to the voice of majority of Americans who support some type of gun control as evidenced by the latest polls – background checks (82%), ban on assault-style weapons (55%), ban on high-capacity ammunition clips (54%).
In this war, the battles are being fueled by a Group Of Polarized beings - the GOP. These individuals make it their full-time occupation to develop and expand extremism, to stereotype, dehumanize and condemn those who they see as “not like them” in thinking and ideology. They wage war against those who stand in their way of popularity, graft and corruption
One has to give them an ‘A+’ for consistency but an ‘F’ for smarts for the lack of ability to see that this ploy is not working and it will never work.
Listen To Our Radio Show:
"Kitchen Politics123 Radio Show with Dave & Lori"
TELEPHONE (619)789-1959 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (619)789-1959 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
"LIKE" Our Facebook Community Page:
Join Us In Our Facebook Political Group:
The GOP Losers Are Furious
By David A. Franklin, Jr.
A ventriloquist is a person who changes his or her voice so that it appears that the voice is coming from elsewhere, usually a puppeteered dummy. Only in this case, Rep. John Boehner is the 'Puppeteered Dummy'.
I have been watching and listening over the past weeks, the happenings in the House on the Hill in Washington, DC and although nothing has changed in the way business is being conducted I, on one of my rear occasions was discombobulated by the gamesmanship, the transparency of John Boehner playing the cards so as to hold on to his job, Eric Cantor being touted in a clandestine way as a possible replacement for the speakership, the fiscal cliff “Deal or No Deal”, protect the rich and screw the poor, take the deal and screw the country later with the debt ceiling. The list goes on and on and none of this gamesmanship - nothing, absolutely nothing seems to be focused on the wellbeing of the country’s economic destiny.
I am not sure if Boehner’s tears which were shed during his acceptance speech were tears of joy or tears of “what the hell did I get myself into?” If we apply just a slight bit of logic to Boehner’s actions in the last two weeks of the lame-duck session we see he is incompetent, weak, wavering between doing what he thinks is right (right for his political survival) and doing what the many conflicting splinter-groups of his party want him to do… no! demand that he does.
• The Tea Party
• Grover Norquist who demands that under no condition should taxes be raised notwithstanding the need for revenue.
Cut from entitlements, from those undeserving “takers” who served the country in wars created by him and his GOP
cohorts, cut from those who paid their social security so as to guarantee benefits after a long and hard working life,
• Eric Cantor, his nemesis of whom Boehner must be leery because he is holding the proverbial knife to his back,
positioned at the location of his lungs to let every bit of air out of him.
• Past-rascals and now lobbyists as in the person of Dennis Hastert who like Grover Norquist has delivered an edict by
which Republicans must live– the "Hastert Rule": dictating that “only legislation supported by a majority of the majority
party can be brought to the floor.” A “rule” designed to limit the ability of minority members to co-opt a few majority
members and pass legislation. Yes, Boehner had the gonads to have an up or down vote on the “Fiscal Cliff” deal.
Hastert on Fox News Radio Thursday ranted "Here is the problem. Maybe you can do it once, maybe you can do it
twice, but when you start making deals when you have to get Democrats to pass the legislation, you are not in power
anymore". Yes! To Dennis Hastert and the entire Republican Party, it is about power. What about bi-partisanship a
word bantered about in that same GOP circle when it is convenient for them to criticize the President for not
cooperating, for not bowing to the Republicans bidding?
• Let us not forget those who crawl out of the woodwork, the John Sununus and the Lindsey Olin Grahams. Boehner is
forced to listen to Sununu, a man who had to resign his job in disgrace as George H. W. Bush’s Chief of Staff, having
misappropriating tax- payers’ money by abusing some of his privileges. He for example, used military aircraft for long
personal trips, a White House limousine and driver for shorter personal trips, as he did for a trip in 1991 from
Washington DC to Manhattan to go to a stamp auction. Has the word ‘integrity’ been re-defined to allow and accept a
major player in the country’s administration such as the Speaker of the House to be ordered to take counsel from
bandits of all kinds?
• The “maverick” John McCain who is indeed a one-of-a-kind. America has never seen a human being like McCain who
once they thought stood for something and who they admired but now is ‘mavericking’ his way from one unreasonable
utterance to the next stupid and openly conniving, devious tactic. And to what end, eludes me and countless others.
He tries to undermine and discredit the integrity of others in the Democratic Party while not being aware that he has
succeeded in submerging his own credibility into a septic pool.
Boehner’s incompetence became observable, was illuminated when he was obviously overwhelmed by all the pressures of his once-in-a-lifetime decision to go against the “Hastert’s Rule” and called an up-or-down vote on the Fiscal Cliff negations which having being passed, breached also the Grover Norquist Covenant. In one fell swoop he committed a sin against two of the GOP 'godheads’. His backbone disintegrated to jell and his brain decomposed into mush and so he pulled and rescheduled a vote on a Super Storm Sandy relief bill. This is a bill overdue for attention and for passing, a bill that even the most partisan Republican would have given some attention. Had he called an up-or-down vote, this one would have passed. But he buckled under the pressure of his incompetence.
America looks forward to watching the games play out in the arena on:
1. The Debt Ceiling
2. Comprehensive Immigration Reform
3. The Economy and Jobs
4. Taxes – yes, Taxes
5. Entitlement Reform
6. Energy and Global Warming
7. Gun Control Laws
One does not have to think hard. We can see the people who are calling the tunes to Boehner in these debates – Tea Party operatives, the racists and those who themselves are here as ‘proud Americans’ who can claim that pride only because their forebears immigrated from other lands, the Koch Brothers and lobbyists/interest groups, Norquist and Hastert et al, Wayne LePierre and the NRA. The will continue to shout orders from every corner of Boehner’s ears. Let us see how he handles himself as the ‘Puppeteered Dummy’.
Boehner’s single job as House ‘Puppeteered Dummy’ is to accede to the demands of a radical, no-compromise, extreme group, and to pretend to be making deals with Democrats while being forever cognizant of the fact that there must be “No Deal”.
Let the games begin at the expense of this great Country.
We pray the President will continue to bring good sense, wisdom, reason, judgment and understanding to the equation.
Listen To Our Radio Show:
"Kitchen Politics123 with Dave & Lori"
"LIKE" Our Facebook Community Page:
Join Us In Our Facebook Political Group: