By David A. Franklin, Jr.
* Immigration Reform
* Gun Control
* Climate Change
* Energy Efficiency
* Raising the federal minimum wage
* Initiatives aimed at spurring job creation
* $50 billion infrastructure building fund
* Program to rehabilitate abandoned homes
* etc, etc
In addition, we must also focus on the negative elements in the society who most times have the biggest voices and furthest reaches for their doom, gloom and stubborn, stupid ideologies -
CONSERVATIVES who understand the responsibility of the job for which they were elected is a mandate to support
the rich while themselves are getting rich. For those who are already rich their job is to protect what they have and to increase their wealth.
Nothing is wrong with striving for upward mobility and wealth creation but not at the uncaring, unthinking and callous
expense of the others in society whose only purpose in the ‘game’ is considered to be pawns in the get rich/ get richer/ stay rich schemes.
AND there are the “EXPERTS” who consider their prime reason for existence and their function is to analyze and
paralyze everything put out as possible solution. If you note, they are always saying what cannot work and why and seldom if at all, give reasonable suggestions for alternatives.
These two divisions (Conservative and ‘Experts’) differ widely and contradict each other to such extreme that nothing gets done and the country suffers - a suffering that has a ripple effect on all countries on planet earth. They seem to forget or they simply don’t care if obstinate adherence to their ideologies and selfish agendas cripple and maim as long as their individual and collective egos are maintained. Earthlings live in a global village and not only breathe the same
air but live in intertwined and totally interdependent economies.
This dichotomy must be recognized and examined and wherever you are in your small corner it affects you, it is absolutely imperative that in whatever way you can, you should speak out, act or throw your suggestions in the pot.
- Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida so eloquently makes utterances which are only a repeat of the boring talking points of the Romney, the Santorum and the 2012 election. He does it so glibly without engaging his head or making
no effort to include any semblance of truth, reason or honesty, the oh so familiar list of criticisms of the president's approach
- President Obama "told Americans that only his ideas matter, only his way is acceptable and only people that voted for him should have a voice in solving our nation's problems." This is the gibberish spewed by Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the third-ranking House Republican. We will remember that Mr. Obama won with 51% of the votes and Rep. McCarthy and his cohorts are well advised to work on their amnesia or their downright dishonest thinking and accept the fact that over 60% sometimes over 80 to 90% of Americans agree with the President’s policies he is putting forward! Mr. McCarthy says the President thinks that “only people that voted for him should have a voice…” Is the Republican Party still in that bubble that caused them untold embarrassment in the recent months where they refuse to accept results of polls?
- Texas Rep. Kevin Brady: "The Obama economy is marked by persistently high unemployment, stagnant growth and excessive spending that is holding back hiring,"
Rep. Brady and House Republicans and the GOP in general have as their mantra "the buck picks up speed here". They share none of the blame, and let me accept that, but where is evan a suggestion of an alternative? Where is their coperative spirit and their recognition of their oath of office to manage the business of the country?
POLITICIANS IN CONGRESS SHOULD BE CHOSEN FROM SINGLE PARENTS, EX MILITARY PERSONNEL, FAST FOOD WORKERS AND FARM KIDS.
Americans 98% reality is lost on these Republicans because of the 2% blessings they enjoy as their reality.
It is reported that 48 million Americans were in low-income working families as at 2011 – the latest year for which data is available. “Experts” say that raising the federal minimum wage from its current $7.25 per hour to $9.00 “would not be enough to lift many out of poverty”. Very true since an individual working 40 hour work-week would earn less than $19,000 per year which is still below the poverty level!
There is a Jamaican saying that goes “one-one coco full basket”. This means that if there is an empty basket, putting in one coco (potato-like tuber) at a time, the basket will be full at some point. Translated it means that rather than doing nothing to correct/alleviate a situation if you keep putting positives in the mix in small increments, even if over a short time you do not reach your desired goal, as time elapses you will be better off for having tried.
Then again, the one-one-cocoa scenario cannot be appreciated by these egotistical, financially comfortable Republicans who even with their fat pockets continue to collect not $19,000 per year but $174,000, not Mr. House Speaker Boehner $223,500 per year (among the 10 top highest paid government worker).
And it is these 40-hour a week moochers (stealers, users, beggars, takers) who by law have to foot the bill for Congress’ excellent pay, healthcare, lavish perks and benefits:
1. Free parking spaces at the airport in D.C.
2. Guaranteed pension if they hold office for 5 years or more
3. Social Security benefits without having to forfeit any part of their pension
4. In addition to their pension, Speaker Boehner for example will receive an additional $1 million per year for up to 5
years after he leaves office “to facilitate the administration, settlement and conclusion of matters pertaining to, or
arising out of” his tenure as Speaker. A provision allows him to incur huge bills to “archive” and document
materials related to his time in office. You will agree with me that there won’t be much to document or archive
since nothing is being done under his leadership. But he will be paid the $1 million per year none the less.
Can you appreciate why Mr. Boehner will kiss all and any parts of the radical GOP’s anatomies so as to maintain
his job while screwing the people (the taxpayers) who gave him his job?
5. Senators get $40,000 which is more than twice times the annual salary of so many moochers who have to live on
sub-poverty wages. This paltry sum of $40,000 and potentially more is used to furnish their home-state offices
6. Members of congress deduct up to $3,000 for expenses while outside their home districts or states.
Irrespective of this pampering, these moochers and takers in Congress will not, cannot or do not see it necessary
to do the job. That is why my firm belief is that single parents, ex-military personnel, fast food workers and farm
kids are much more equipped to do the job that congress is shirking.
* understand commitment - it is their second nature because they live it every day
* They are outstanding problem solvers
* They are great at prioritizing and multitasking and are incredibly efficient because they have no
choice but to be efficient
* They keep multiple balls in the air, and truly understand the meaning of responsibility and
EX MILITARY PERSONNEL
* Know and respect the value and the importance of teamwork because this is how they live and breathe
* They are dedicated and take personal responsibility for the results of their performance
* They adroitly adapt to shifting priorities, to changes in focus and directions and the multiplicity of changes in
* Their analytical and reasoning skills are strong and they know how to make decisions
* They accept that they are accountable for the task at hand and are reliable
* They not only encourage teamwork but also lead by example.
FAST FOOD WORKERS
* understand the value of best practices
* They adhere to and work with a system that generates consistent, proven results.
* They truly understand the importance of productivity and deliver high output under steady, sometimes
* Will stay up all night to do the job/chore which is allotted to them – care for sick animal for example.
* These kids understand responsibility and sacrifice.
* Their mantra is “we do whatever it takes to get the job done”
* They are creative and find solutions to problems
* They are willing to accept responsibilities beyond their years and experience
* They roll with the punches of situations outside their control
These are absolutely necessary qualities that are sadly lacking in the buffoons America vote into Congress.
Is it possible for us to select candidates that have even a fraction of these qualities? The country’s business would be taken care of with such efficiency and America could rise back up as a beacon for other countries to look up to and emulate.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kitchenpolitics123 (Clike the Follow Button)
"Kitchen Politics 123 Radio Show with Dave & Lori" TELEPHONE (619) 789-1959
11:00pm EST- Every Wednesdays & Thursdays