By David A. Franklin, Jr.
The irony called Mitt Romney can be understood by his enacting the beliefs and teachings of his Mormon faith which says in part:
* “Truth is determined by feelings….We believe we know the truth by our feelings. We do not rely on, and we
will disregard any facts that contradict what our feelings tell us is true.”
• “By being Mormons, we are assured of salvation – even if we are wrong”
Never before has anyone presented him- or herself as a candidate for the presidency of the great United States of America or for that matter, as leader of “Anywhere on Planet Earth” been so shilly shally, such a waste of time, who panders to, and assumes the character of the bottom of the barrel for his own selfish reasons. Who makes impulsive, unthinking and impetuous decisions – selling his soul (I forgot, he has no soul) not caring what are the consequences or if it hurts the very country he claims to love and wants to rescue. As a matter of fact, the more disastrous the consequence the more he exhibits that snug satisfaction and he flourishes with cheers from the penny section with Palin, Limbaugh, O’Riley, Bachmann and other such in the front seat.
His religion is up for scrutiny as is any other religion and by God, Romney himself knows that Mormonism is not a subject he would like anyone to concentrate on especially at this time. He therefore would be expected to manufacture some modicum of politeness or decorum and take time to understand before he condemns. “The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions” What in this statement does Romney not understand?
And then again, his rash reaction was before ANY attack happened but please remember - “We Mormons do not rely on, and we will disregard any facts that contradict what our feelings tell us is true.” ARGUEMENT OVER! RIGHT MR. ROMNEY?
The fact is that having won the nomination to run for president is the first this gentleman has had to work for anything without the props of his golden spoon with which he has been fed since birth. But no! Correction, he does have that golden spoon in the form of his personal wealth and connections, and his billionaire colleagues’ contributions. Is it that his spoon on this occasion has outlived its usefulness?
Welcome to the real world Mitt. Because you have operated in a cloistered reality so far where if things are not handed to you on a platter, where the opportunity to maneuver is enhanced by your special environment, you are out of your depth. Having to depend on ordinary mortals to decide your fate you see your world coming to a crash, and you are completely discombobulated! You become a fool not knowing what to say and when. You jump at every opportunity you see to project yourself as more worthy for the pick than your opponent. You jump at every prodding from those at the ringside of the school-yard brawl – the far right nut jobs in your party. Can’t you see they are in it to get attention and ratings and to line their pockets at your expense? Do you have the ability to pause and think and make a decision by yourself, without the cheering and chanting from these school yard bullies?
Then there are those with psychiatric deficiencies like Richard Williamson, a former Assistant Secretary of State under the Ronald Reagan Administration, who said a Romney Administration would have been on top of the situation before it got to this stage. Secretary Williamson like yourself is living a fantasy or totally lost on all reality. It is because of nonsense talk and thinking like this why the country’s image is what it is in the Middle East. Rightwing hogwash and
irresponsible innuendos, through a terribly dubbed short film, has destabilized an already fragile peace after the Arab Spring. It is obvious that Romney is advised by neo-cons, hell bent on starting another war in the volatile region. War equals big profit for the Military Industrial Complex and the 1%. This is a carefully orchestrated brew-ha-ha to scare and distract the American people. Haven’t the Republicans learnt that they cannot discredit this president when it comes to diplomacy and eliminating wanted terrorists on a regular basis? All their arguments are invalid when it comes to defending American soil. Nobody does it better than the Obama-Biden Administration…nobody!
The Unfit Mitt
Let’s look at some of the important issues Romney supported before he was against them. On every issue, he has been on the side of whatever is popular at the time. It also depends on the audience he is speaking to at the moment. He does more flip flops than a seasoned circus seal, without shame or remorse. The words “truth” and “reality” are non-existent in the man’s vocabulary.
Romney was for Roe vs. Wade in 1994 when he ran unsuccessfully against the late Senator Ted Kennedy. Today, he is so far right of the issue one couldn’t believe he was for it. He wants to repeal Roe vs. Wade today.
Romney created a successful health care system in Massachusetts dubbed Romney Care. The Affordable Care Act is the off-spring to it. How can he be for his plan but against the Affordable Care Act which is the same thing basically?
Romney was all for progressive Immigration Reform with the Dream Act. Far right Teapublicans hated the idea only because Obama is for it and they fear that it will eat away at their status quo of being the super majority in America. They will do any and everything to hold on to power.
Romney gives no regard to the sacrifices made by men and women. He nor any of his sons have served a day in the Armed Forces yet, if elected, a President Romney would send troops to fight another unnecessary way against Iran. All for the enrichment of the 1% under the guise of “defending Israel”.
Romney got his “3:00 am call” with this latest middle east crisis and, based on his impetuous over-reaction, he flopped miserably. He showed that he is not ready for the presidency by his indecent hast to rush to judgment on the unfortunate violence in Egypt and Libya. All he deserves for his action is ridicule and contempt. He reminds me of Yosemite Sam, that ridiculous cartoon character from Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Adventures. Has a big mouth and always putting his foot in to shut up.
Romney has no heart, as well as no brain, who nakedly panders to the conscienceless. America deserves better than you!
The country needs Barack Obama. A man of conscience, character, confidence and who cares - not Romney who not only will lie to win but does not rely on, and will disregard any facts that contradict what his feelings tell him is true.
By: David A. Franklin, Jr.
YOU BET YOUR SWEET
Quite a seemingly innocent question, the answer to which is dependent on who you ask. In this culture of severe political gridlock and polarization, I dare say “Yes!” America is doing better across the board. There have been many real accomplishments of which the Obama-Biden Administration should be proud. Here are a precious few of those accomplishments:
OBAMA’S JOB CREATING PERFORMANCE – from 2009 to date, over 4 million private sector jobs created) Obama has turned the “Jobs Lost” report from red (dismal) to green (road to recovery). It took him only one year after the Bush eight year calamity for this statistics to start on the upward/positive swing and the swing continues. And don’t forget, this is despite of Republican obstructionist mantra!!
How Many Jobs Were Created or Lost in 2009?
• Jobs LOST 2009: -5,060,000
How Many Jobs Were Created or Lost in 2010?
• Jobs ADDED 2010: +1,027,000
How Many Jobs Were Created or Lost in 2011?
• Jobs ADDED 2011: +1,840,000
How Many Jobs Were Created or Lost in 2012 to date (July 2012)?
• Jobs ADDED 2012 to date: +1,059,000
Molly’s Middle America - All Jobs & Unemployment Reports (2011 & 2012)
Bureau of Labor Statistics Report LNUO2000000
REPUBLICANS' JOBS-IN-AMERICA POSITION AT END OF GEORGE BUSH'S TERM IN 2008
• According to CNN Money Report’s David Goldman, 2008 was the worst year for jobs since 1945. “Annual loss biggest since end of World War II…November (2008), in which 584,000 jobs were lost, and December marked the first time in
the 70-year history of the report in which the economy lost more than 500,000 jobs in consecutive months.” This is the hemorrhaging and tide of job loss that the Obama Administration inherited.
BENEFITS OF OBAMACARE – Yes he cares!!
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office lists the advantages of Obamacare:
1. It reduces overall healthcare costs for the 32 million who currently can't get insurance thus making healthcare available and affordable to these Americans. This starts in 2014.
2. For people who can't afford health insurance, the Federal government will pay the states to add them to Medicaid.
The income requirement is expanded up to 133% of the Federal poverty level - roughly $29,000 for a family of four.
3. Those who don't qualify for the expanded Medicaid will receive tax credits if their income is below 400% of the
poverty level ($88,000 for a family of four). States will be required to set up insurance exchanges to make it easier to shop for private health insurance coverage.
4. Insurance companies cannot deny children coverage for pre-existing conditions. This benefit applies to everyone in 2014. Insurance companies can no longer drop anyone from coverage once they get sick. If a company denies someone coverage, that person can go to an external appeals process.
5. Parents can put their children up to age 26 on their health insurance plans. As of 2012, more than three million previously uninsured young people were added. (Source: Department of Health and Human Services)
6. The Medicare "donut hole" gap in coverage will be eliminated by 2020.
7. People with existing health insurance will keep it. For those businesses preferring to offer a tax-free benefit like health insurance to attract good workers that won't change under Obamacare.
8. Obamacare does not apply to businesses with less than 50 employees. Larger businesses are required to offer health insurance, but receive tax credits to help employees pay premiums. In 2014, the tax credit increases to 50%.
9. The Act will lower the budget deficit by $143 billion over the next 10 years by raising some taxes and shifting more cost burdens. (Source: CBO CBO Report on Health Care Reform and the Budget; Wall Street Journal, What Health Insurance Ruling Means, June 28, 2012; NPR, Medicaid Expansion, June 27, 2012)
OBAMA ON EDUCATION
• Barak Obama has doubled Pell Grants.
• He has signed into law a bill that keeps interest rates on federal student loans from doubling this year. This would have hurt approximately 7 1/2 million students raising their loan payments by an average of $1,000.
• He has invested in universities and early in childhood education for research and development
The list is so long it will take pages and pages to complete:
• Osama bin Laden, and top Al Qaeda leaders, are dead! A lot of relevant Al Qaeda planning documents for future attack against American soil, and interests around the world, were recovered by the heroic SEAL 6 team. Obama can boast the “Mission Accomplished” sign so stupidly and dishonestly displayed by the Republican captain of the last failed presidency!!
• General Motors and the American Motor Car industry have never before been so alive and so well. The American
Auto Industry was saved. Mitt Romney tried to claim credit for such the successful recovery after shamelessly saying “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt!”
• The $787 billion Stimulus Package. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 spurred economic growth amid the greatest recession since the 1929 Great Depression. Many Republican Governors have benefitted from this although they continue to be their true hypocritical selves and bash the stimulus.
• The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 was signed to re-regulate Wall Street. Their unchecked practices caused the Great Recession which started under the previous Bush-Cheney Administration. Positives stemming from this law are:
- Tightened capital requirement on large banks and financial institutions
- Mandated large banks to provide “Living Wills” to avoid chaotic bankruptcies
- Limited their ability to trade with customer’s hard earned money for their own profits
- Created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to stop abusive predatory products and companies.
• War in Iraq was ended with last troops leaving on December 18, 2011 on the orders of President Barack Obama.
• Equal Pay for Women signed into law
• Women’s Rights to choose how to care for their own bodies supported and laws passed to uphold this right.
• Afghanistan War - In June 2011, troops numbered 101,000 in Afghanistan. That is down to 91,000 and a further 23,000 leaving by the end of summer 2012. All combat missions “…will be over by next year 2013” according
to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
• “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell!” The discriminatory policy repealed. This new policy enables gays and lesbians to
serve openly in the Armed Forces for the first time in the nation’s history.
• Colonel Moammar Gaddafi was toppled because of a joint coalition of American, European and Arab governments in a joint military action. The dictator’s 42 years of unchecked power was ended with his unceremonious overthrow by rebels on October 20, 2011. No American lives were lost and Gaddafi was killed.
• The Arab Spring saw Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak ouster on February 1, 2011. Obama publicly called on Mubarak to “accept reform or step down” which weakened and undermined the dictator’s position in, not only Egypt,
but the entire Arab world. February 11, 2011 saw Mubarak’s 30 year rule end with his overthrow and arrest.
• Improved America’s image abroad because of deft diplomacy, new pragmatic policies and lowering the caustic rhetoric employed by the Bush-Cheney Administration.
• All “enhanced” interrogation techniques reversed a practice not only lauded but applied by the Bush-Cheney
Administration. It is considered inhumane under the Geneva Convention.
• The Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability and Divestment Act of 2010 was signed punishing firms and individuals who aided Iran’s petroleum sector. In early 2012, America coordinated with our Western Allies to impose
further sanctions aimed at Iranian banks.
These are only a handful of major accomplishments by the Obama-Biden Administration. At this point in the previous Administration, all was touted was “The War on Terror” forgetting everything else that was important.
Rome was not built in a day. For America to be where it needs to be, it will take a massive undertaking of epic proportions never before seen. What was destroyed and the devastation brought on the country in eight years by the
previous Administration cannot be rebuilt in four years. I doubt it can be fixed in even eight years. Barack Obama is human not a miracle worker or a messiah.
In conclusion, having witnessed the lies and pitiful desperation of the Republicans at their recent convention, it is time to dig deep and get the honest truth America. It is a bitter pill to swallow for the Republicans but, America is on the path of economic recovery. And it is the Obama-Biden
Administration to be commended.
It’s time to go “Forward Forever,